The Fairfax School District is located in the southeast of Bakersfield, California. The District provides kindergarten through eighth grade education services to residents of an area encompassing approximately 16 square miles in the southern portion of the San Joaquin Valley of Central California. The District is governed by an independent Board of Trustees consisting of five members who are elected at large to overlapping four-year terms at elections held every two years. The District's affairs are administered by the Superintendent, who is appointed by the Board of Trustees.
The district began services to students in 1891 with an average attendance of 8 students. Today, the enrollment in the district’s three schools is approaching 2,400 students.
The Fairfax School District is a vibrant educational community consisting of talented dedicated staff, engaged parents, and wonderful students. The district motto is, “Empowering Students to Succeed.” As a community we are dedicated to this task by providing a strong and relevant education to our students. At Fairfax, we believe that the student should be empowered to succeed!
Welcome to the Fairfax School District.
AN AMENDMENT TO THE UNIFORM DRESS CODE HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR.
BLUE OR BLACK DENIM IS ALLOWED WITH A UNIFORM SHIRT OR SCHOOL SPIRIT SHIRT.
Please see the attached link for a copy of the dress code
Fog season is upon us again. In the event that foggy conditions occur in the next few months, the following procedures will be followed:
1. If the foggy condition is a hazard to the safety of children, a delay or cancelation of school may occur.
- If a delay is called, all classes and bus schedules will be delayed for two (2) hours.
- If conditions do not improve after the initial two (2) hour delay, school may be canceled.
2. Local radio and television stations will advise the public if a delay or cancelation is necessary. Listen to the local radio or television stations for information!
3. You may check the following Internet web site: http://alertline.kern.org/ for all school delays or closures.
4. Children will be dismissed from school at the regular time. Schools will operate as usual unless otherwise advised.