Student Services » Parent Resources

Parent Resources

Who can I contact if I am concerned about my child’s progress in the classroom?

 First speak to the classroom teacher. If you have a concern about your child’s education, it is important that you contact your child’s teacher or administrator to talk about your child and any problems you see. An informal conversation often solves the problem and helps to maintain open communication. If your student has an IEP you may talk to the Coordinator/Case Manager. For information as to who that would be, you may call the Special Education Office at (661) 366-9121. Information about Parent Rights or the “Notice of Procedural Safeguards” are given at IEP meetings, but could also be viewed online, or obtained at the Special Education office.


Who can I contact if I have a Preschool aged (3-5) child, who is not meeting typical developmental milestones and/or began receiving services prior to turning 3?

The Special Education Department coordinates the preschool transition services for all toddlers under the age of three who have been identified as needing special education services. If you have questions, please contact the Special Education office.  


I have moved into Fairfax School District’s boundaries and my student has an IEP, how do I register?

If your student has an IEP, start at your school of residence. The school site will give you enrollment procedures and then you will call the Special Education Office to complete the enrollment process at (661) 366-9121.


Kern County Consortium Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA)